23 things I learned until I turned 23
The moment you are born, you learned how to breathe. When you are 1-2 years old, you learn how to walk and how to express yourself. When you are 5-7 years old, you learned how to read those beautiful stories you were once told at bedtime and find out you too can write down your dreams. Life is full of learnings - both good and bad - and they are part of the box that makes you who you are, what you love and what you dream about. Things that work as your shield, things that make you smile, things that help you get through sadness and things that make you feel a happy bird. And that is what I am going to talk about today.
I have always liked the word reminisce and all it stands for - and lately I have been thinking about my story and all the chapters I have writen down. Since I am a couple of hours away from turning 23, I thought it would be interesting to share with you twenty three things life has taught me.
- Loving yourself is a process that takes time. Don’t rush it. Appreciate it.
- It’s okay to spend time alone.
- Saying ‘no’ is just as important as saying ‘yes’.
- Crying doesn’t mean you are weak.
- Fighting for the things you love is always worth it. Always.
- Every breathe is a second chance.
- If you believe in something, don’t give up on it.
- Saying ‘thank you’ and ‘please’ can take you far.
- Feeling proud of yourself for working hard and caring for people is not something you should be ashamed of.
- You should always have faith and hope.
- Everyone is fighting their own battles. Respect that.
- Feeling lost does not mean you are lost.
- Your parents always want what is best for you.
- Your hair looks better if you don’t put too much effort into it.
- Sometimes you have to get away from those who hurt you.
- Books and music have the power to make you feel less alone.
- Your past is just a story. Once you realize that, it’s has no power over you. *
- Good things take time.
- The moment you decide to surround yourself by good energies is a very important step towards being happy.
- Sometimes it will seem like giving up is the best solution. It is not.
- Apologize. Forgive. Move on.
- Dream even when they say it’s impossible.
- You are worth it.
♥ ♥ ♥
Are you excited about University? Do you have any questions I haven’t answered? Come talk to me and allow me to help you!
Did you like this post? Do you have any tricks that I have forgot to mention? Let me know what you think and don’t forget to check this post on its website as well.
If you have any ideas about what I should post next, let me know right here.
Always with love,